Having the quality of flexibility without brittleness; yielding to force without breaking; capable of resisting great strain; as, the ligaments of animals are remarkably tough.
- Able to withstand great strain without tearing or breaking; strong and resilient: a tough all-weather fabric.
- Hard to cut or chew: tough meat.
- Physically hardy; rugged: tough mountaineers; a tough cop.
- Severe; harsh: a tough winter.
- Aggressive; pugnacious.
- Inclined to violent or disruptive behavior; rowdy or rough: a tough street group.
- Demanding or troubling; difficult: skipping the toughest questions.
- Strong-minded; resolute: a tough negotiator.
- Slang Unfortunate; too bad: a tough break.
- Slang Fine; great.
- A violent or rowdy person; a hoodlum or thug.
- tough it out Slang To get through despite hardship; endure: "It helps if one was raised to tough it out” ( Gail Sheehy).
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
ദുഷ്ക്കരമായ - Dhushkkaramaaya | Dhushkkaramaya ;ദൃഢമായ - Dhruddamaaya | Dhruddamaya ;വഴങ്ങാത്ത - Vazhangaaththa | Vazhangatha ;മുറിയാത്ത - Muriyaaththa | Muriyatha ;ദുഷ്കരമായ - Dhushkaramaaya | Dhushkaramaya ;ദുഷ്കരമായ - Dhushkaramaaya | Dhushkaramaya ;