A plaything for children; a bawble.
- An object for children to play with.
- Something of little importance; a trifle.
- An amusement; a pastime: thought of the business as a toy.
- A small ornament; a bauble.
- A diminutive thing or person.
- A dog of a very small breed or of a variety smaller than the standard variety of its breed.
- Scots A loose covering for the head, formerly worn by women.
- Chiefly Southern U.S. A shooter marble.
- To amuse oneself idly; trifle: a cat toying with a mouse.
- To treat something casually or without seriousness: toyed with the idea of writing a play. See Synonyms at flirt.