The act of drawing, or the state of being drawn; as, the traction of a muscle.
- The act of drawing or pulling, especially the drawing of a vehicle or load over a surface by motor power.
- The condition of being drawn or pulled.
- Pulling power, as of a draft animal or engine.
- Adhesive friction, as of a wheel on a track or a tire on a road.
- Medicine A sustained pull applied mechanically especially to the arm, leg, or neck so as to correct fractured or dislocated bones, overcome muscle spasms, or relieve pressure.