A dramatic poem, composed in elevated style, representing a signal action performed by some person or persons, and having a fatal issue; that species of drama which represents the sad or terrible phases of character and life.
- A drama or literary work in which the main character is brought to ruin or suffers extreme sorrow, especially as a consequence of a tragic flaw, moral weakness, or inability to cope with unfavorable circumstances.
- The genre made up of such works.
- The art or theory of writing or producing these works.
- A play, film, television program, or other narrative work that portrays or depicts calamitous events and has an unhappy but meaningful ending.
- A disastrous event, especially one involving distressing loss or injury to life: an expedition that ended in tragedy, with all hands lost at sea.
- A tragic aspect or element.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
ദുരന്ത പര്യവസായി നാടകം - Dhurantha Paryavasaayi Naadakam | Dhurantha Paryavasayi Nadakam ;പരിതാപകരസംഭവം - Parithaapakarasambhavam | Parithapakarasambhavam ;something pertaining to tragedy ദൗരന്തികം - something Pertaining To Tragedy Dhauranthikam | something Pertaining To Tragedy Dhouranthikam ;കരുണരസ നാടകം - Karunarasa Naadakam | Karunarasa Nadakam ;ദുരന്തസംഭവം - Dhuranthasambhavam ;കരുണരസനാടകം - Karunarasanaadakam | Karunarasanadakam ;