A kind of net for catching birds, fishes, or other prey.
- A shackle used to teach a horse to amble.
- Something that restricts activity, expression, or progress; a restraint.
- A vertically set fishing net of three layers, consisting of a finely meshed net between two nets of coarse mesh.
- An instrument for describing ellipses.
- An instrument for gauging and adjusting parts of a machine; a tram.
- An arrangement of links and a hook in a fireplace for raising and lowering a kettle.
- To enmesh in or as if in a fishing net. See Synonyms at hamper1.
- To hinder the activity or free movement of.