To tread upon forcibly and repeatedly; to trample.
- To walk with a firm, heavy step; trudge.
- To travel on foot; hike.
- To wander about aimlessly.
- To traverse on foot: tramp the fields.
- To tread down; trample: tramp down snow.
- A heavy footfall.
- The sound produced by heavy walking or marching.
- A walking trip; a hike.
- One who travels aimlessly about on foot, doing odd jobs or begging for a living; a vagrant.
- A prostitute.
- A person regarded as promiscuous.
- Nautical A tramp steamer.
- A metal plate attached to the sole of a shoe for protection, as when spading ground.