The act or process of transcribing, or copying; as, corruptions creep into books by repeated transcriptions.
- The act or process of transcribing.
- Something that has been transcribed, especially:
- Music An adaptation of a composition.
- A recorded radio or television program.
- Linguistics A representation of speech sounds in phonetic symbols.
- Biology The process by which messenger RNA is synthesized from a DNA template resulting in the transfer of genetic information from the DNA molecule to the messenger RNA.