The act of transmitting, or the state of being transmitted; as, the transmission of letters, writings, papers, news, and the like, from one country to another; the transmission of rights, titles, or privileges, from father to son, or from one generation to another.
- The act or process of transmitting.
- The fact of being transmitted.
- Something, such as a message, that is transmitted.
- An automotive assembly of gears and associated parts by which power is transmitted from the engine to a driving axle. Also called gearbox.
- The sending of a signal, picture, or other information from a transmitter.