To cause to pass over or through; to communicate by sending; to send from one person or place to another; to pass on or down as by inheritance; as, to transmit a memorial; to transmit dispatches; to transmit money, or bills of exchange, from one country to another.
- To send from one person, thing, or place to another; convey. See Synonyms at convey, send1.
- To cause to spread; pass on: transmit an infection.
- To impart or convey to others by heredity or inheritance; hand down.
- To pass along (news or information); communicate.
- Electronics To send (a signal), as by wire or radio.
- Physics To cause (a disturbance) to propagate through a medium.
- To convey (force or energy) from one part of a mechanism to another.
- To send out a signal.