To remove, and plant in another place; as, to transplant trees.
- To uproot and replant (a growing plant).
- To transfer from one place or residence to another; resettle or relocate.
- Medicine To transfer (tissue or an organ) from one body or body part to another.
- To be capable of undergoing transplantation.
- The act or process of transplanting.
- Something transplanted.
- Medicine An operation in which tissue or an organ is transplanted: undergo a heart transplant; surgical transplant of a cornea.