To dress with ornaments; to adorn; -- said especially of horses.
- A contrivance for catching and holding animals, as a concealed pit or a clamplike device that springs shut suddenly.
- A stratagem for catching or tricking an unwary person.
- A confining or undesirable circumstance from which escape or relief is difficult: fell into poverty's trap.
- A device for sealing a passage against the escape of gases, especially a U-shaped or S-shaped bend in a drainpipe that prevents the return flow of sewer gas by means of a water barrier.
- Sports A device that hurls clay pigeons into the air in trapshooting.
- Sports A land hazard or bunker on a golf course; a sand trap.
- Sports A measured length of roadway over which electronic timers register the speed of a racing vehicle, such as a dragster.
- Baseball See web.
- Sports A defensive strategy or play, as in basketball or hockey, in which two or more defenders converge on an offensive player shortly after the player gains possession of the ball or puck.
- Sports The act of trapping a soccer ball.
- Football A running play in which the ball carrier advances through a hole in the defensive line created by allowing a defensive lineman to penetrate the backfield.
- A light two-wheeled carriage with springs.
- A trapdoor.
- Music Percussion instruments, such as snare drums and cymbals, especially in a jazz band.
- Slang The human mouth.
- To catch in a trap; ensnare. See Synonyms at catch.
- To prevent from escaping or getting free: was trapped in the locked attic.
- To deceive or trick by mans of a scheme or plan.
- To seal off (gases) by a trap.
- To furnish with traps or a trap.
- Sports To catch (a ball) immediately after it has hit the ground.
- Sports To gain control of (a moving soccer ball) by allowing it to hit and bounce off a part of the body other than the arm or hand.
- To set traps for game.
- To engage in trapping furbearing animals.
- Personal belongings or household goods. Often used in the plural.
- To furnish with trappings.
- Any of several dark, fine-grained igneous rocks often used in making roads.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
കുരുക്കുവച്ചു പിടിക്കുക - Kurukkuvachu Pidikkuka ;വഞ്ചന - Vanchana ;കപടോപായം - Kapadopaayam | Kapadopayam ;കൂടബന്ധം - Koodabandham ;പത്തായം - Paththaayam | Pathayam ;കുഴപ്പത്തിലാവുക - Kuzhappaththilaavuka | Kuzhappathilavuka ;