Lying across; being in a direction across something else; as, paths cut with traverse trenches.
- To travel or pass across, over, or through.
- To move to and fro over; cross and recross.
- To go up, down, or across (a slope) diagonally, as in skiing.
- To cause to move laterally on a pivot; swivel: traverse an artillery piece.
- To extend across; cross: a bridge that traverses a river.
- To look over carefully; examine.
- To go counter to; thwart.
- Law To deny formally (an allegation of fact by the opposing party) in a suit. See Synonyms at deny.
- Law To join issue upon (an indictment).
- To survey by traverse.
- Nautical To brace (a yard) fore and aft.
- To move to the side or back and forth.
- To turn laterally; swivel.
- To go up, down, or across a slope diagonally or in a zigzag manner, as in skiing.
- To slide one's blade with pressure toward the hilt of the opponent's foil in fencing.
- A passing across, over, or through.
- A route or path across or over.
- Something that lies across, especially:
- An intersecting line; a transversal.
- Architecture A structural crosspiece; a transom.
- A gallery, deck, or loft crossing from one side of a building to the other.
- A railing, curtain, screen, or similar barrier.
- A defensive barrier across a rampart or trench, as a bank of earth thrown up to protect against enfilade fire.
- Something that obstructs and thwarts; an obstacle.
- Nautical The zigzag route of a vessel forced by contrary winds to sail on different courses.
- A zigzag or diagonal course on a steep slope, as in skiing.
- A lateral movement, as of a lathe tool across a piece of wood.
- A part of a mechanism that moves in this manner.
- The lateral swivel of a mounted gun.
- A line established by sighting in surveying a tract of land.
- Law A formal denial of the opposing party's allegation of fact in a suit.
- Lying or extending across; transverse.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
വിലങ്ങനെയുള്ള - Vilanganeyulla ;മറ - Mara ;താണ്ടുക - Thaanduka | Thanduka ;കുറുക്കുപാത - Kurukkupaatha | Kurukkupatha ;മുറിച്ചുകടക്കുക - Murichukadakkuka ;കുറുകെ പോകല് - Kuruke Pokal ;