A place or building in which stores of wealth are deposited; especially, a place where public revenues are deposited and kept, and where money is disbursed to defray the expenses of government; hence, also, the place of deposit and disbursement of any collected funds.
- A place in which treasure is kept.
- A place in which private or public funds are received, kept, managed, and disbursed.
- Such funds or revenues.
- A collection of literary or artistic treasures: a treasury of English verse.
- The department of a government in charge of the collection, management, and expenditure of the public revenue.
- A security, such as a note, issued by the U.S. Treasury.