A family, race, or series of generations, descending from the same progenitor, and kept distinct, as in the case of the twelve tribes of Israel, descended from the twelve sons of Jacob.
- A unit of sociopolitical organization consisting of a number of families, clans, or other groups who share a common ancestry and culture and among whom leadership is typically neither formalized nor permanent.
- A political, ethnic, or ancestral division of ancient states and cultures, especially:
- Any of the three divisions of the ancient Romans, namely, the Latin, Sabine, and Etruscan.
- Any of the 12 divisions of ancient Israel.
- A phyle of ancient Greece.
- A group of people sharing an occupation, interest, or habit: a tribe of graduate students.
- Informal A large family.
- Biology A taxonomic category placed between a subfamily and a genus or between a suborder and a family and usually containing several genera.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
വിഭാഗം - Vibhaagam | Vibhagam ;അന്യം - Anyam ;ഗിരിവര്ഗ്ഗം - Girivarggam ;കുലം - Kulam ;ഗോത്രം - Gothram ;കൂട്ടം - Koottam ;