A long, hollow vessel, generally for holding water or other liquid, especially one formed by excavating a log longitudinally on one side; a long tray; also, a wooden channel for conveying water, as to a mill wheel.
- A long, narrow, generally shallow receptacle for holding water or feed for animals.
- Any of various similar containers for domestic or industrial use, such as kneading or washing.
- A gutter under the eaves of a roof.
- A long, narrow depression, as between waves or ridges.
- A low point in a business cycle or on a statistical graph.
- Meteorology An elongated region of relatively low atmospheric pressure, often associated with a front.
- Physics A minimum point in a wave or an alternating signal.