A wind instrument of music; a trumpet, or sound of a trumpet; -- used chiefly in Scripture and poetry.
- Games A suit in card games that outranks all other suits for the duration of a hand. Often used in the plural.
- Games A card of such a suit.
- Games A trump card.
- A key resource to be used at an opportune moment.
- Informal A reliable or admirable person.
- Games To take (a card or trick) with a trump.
- To get the better of (an adversary or competitor, for example) by using a crucial, often hidden resource.
- Games To play a trump.
- trump up To devise fraudulently: trumped up a charge of conspiracy.
- A trumpet.