A person to whom property is legally committed in trust, to be applied either for the benefit of specified individuals, or for public uses; one who is intrusted with property for the benefit of another; also, a person in whose hands the effects of another are attached in a trustee process.
- Law One, such as a bank, that holds legal title to property in order to administer it for a beneficiary.
- A member of a board elected or appointed to direct the funds and policy of an institution.
- A country responsible for supervising a trust territory. See Usage Note at -ee1.
- To place (property) in the care of a trustee.
- To function or serve as a trustee.