A sound; a note; a tone.
- Music A melody, especially a simple and easily remembered one.
- Music A song.
- Music Correct pitch.
- Music The state of being properly adjusted for pitch: a piano out of tune.
- Music Agreement in pitch: play in tune with the piano.
- Obsolete Music A musical tone.
- Concord or agreement; harmony: in tune with the times.
- Archaic Frame of mind; disposition.
- Electronics Adjustment of a receiver or circuit for maximum response to a given signal or frequency.
- Music To put into proper pitch: tuned the violin.
- Archaic To utter musically; sing.
- To adopt or adjust, especially in order to bring into harmony.
- Electronics To adjust (a receiver) to a desired frequency.
- Electronics To adjust (a circuit) so as to make it resonant with a given input signal.
- To adjust (an engine, for example) for maximum usability or performance.
- To become attuned.
- tune in Electronics To adjust a receiver to receive signals at a particular frequency or a particular program.
- tune in Slang To make or become aware or responsive: "Nobody tunes in to what anybody else is saying” ( Bruce Allen).
- tune out Electronics To adjust a receiver so as not to receive a particular signal.
- tune out To disassociate oneself from one's environment: "The average reader, used to seeing the world in three-dimensional color, tunes out” ( Carlin Romano).
- tune out To become unresponsive to; ignore: tuned out the children's screaming.
- tune up Music To adjust an instrument to a desired pitch or key.
- tune up To adjust a machine so as to put it into proper condition.
- tune up To prepare (oneself) for a specified activity.
- to the tune of To the sum or extent of: produced profits to the tune of $10 million.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
സ്വരൈക്യം വരുത്തുക - Svaraikyam Varuththuka | swaraikyam Varuthuka ;ഗീതി - Geethi ;പൊരുത്തം - Poruththam | Porutham ;മധുരസ്വരം - Madhurasvaram | Madhuraswaram ;ശബ്ദം - Shabdham ;കൃത്യസ്വരം - Kruthyasvaram | Kruthyaswaram ;