That upper stratum of earth and vegetable mold which is filled with the roots of grass and other small plants, so as to adhere and form a kind of mat; sward; sod.
- A surface layer of earth containing a dense growth of grass and its matted roots; sod.
- An artificial substitute for such a grassy layer, as on a playing field.
- A piece cut from a layer of earth or sod.
- A piece of peat that is burned for use as fuel.
- Slang The range of the authority or influence of a person, group, or thing; a bailiwick: "a bureaucracy ... concerned with turf, promotions, the budget, and protecting the retirement system” ( Harper's).
- Slang A geographical area; a territory.
- Slang The area claimed by a gang, as of youths, as its personal territory.
- Sports A racetrack.
- Sports The sport or business of racing horses.
- To spread with turf: turfed the front yard.
- Chiefly British Slang To displace or eject.
- Slang To kill: "These guys can't . . . make sure nobody gets turfed” ( Scott Turow).
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
പുൽമേട് - Pulmedu ;പുല്മേട് - Pulmedu ;turf as soft as a mattress പുല്മെത്ത - turf As Soft As A Mattress Pulmeththa | turf As Soft As A Mattress Pulmetha ;പുല്മേട് - Pulmedu ;മൈതാനം - Maithaanam | Maithanam ;കുതിരപ്പന്തയമൈതാനം - Kuthirappanthayamaithaanam | Kuthirappanthayamaithanam ;