The act of coming forth; a leaving of houses, shops, etc.; esp., a quitting of employment for the purpose of forcing increase of wages; a strike; -- opposed to lockout.
- The number of people gathered for a particular event or purpose; attendance: The peace march attracted a large turnout.
- A number of things produced; output.
- The act or an instance of turning out.
- Chiefly British A labor strike.
- Chiefly British A laborer on strike.
- An array of equipment; an outfit.
- An outfit of a carriage with its horse or horses; equipage.
- A railroad siding.
- A widening in a highway to allow vehicles to pass or park.
- The rotation of a dancer's legs from the hip sockets in classical ballet.