A semifluid or fluid oleoresin, primarily the exudation of the terebinth, or turpentine, tree (Pistacia Terebinthus), a native of the Mediterranean region. It is also obtained from many coniferous trees, especially species of pine, larch, and fir.
- A thin volatile essential oil, C10H16, obtained by steam distillation or other means from the wood or exudate of certain pine trees and used as a paint thinner, solvent, and medicinally as a liniment. Also called oil of turpentine, spirit of turpentine.
- The sticky mixture of resin and volatile oil from which turpentine is distilled.
- A brownish-yellow resinous liquid obtained from the terebinth.
- To apply turpentine to or mix turpentine with.
- To extract turpentine from (a tree).
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
പയിനെണ്ണ - Payinenna ;കര്പ്പൂരതൈലം - Karppoorathailam ;കർപ്പൂരതൈലം - Karppoorathailam ;ദേവദാരുതൈലം - Dhevadhaaruthailam | Dhevadharuthailam ;ആജ്യം - Aajyam | ajyam ;ടര്പെന്റൈന് - Darpentain ;