To open and shut the eye rapidly; to blink; to wink.
- To shine with slight, intermittent gleams, as distant lights or stars; flicker; glimmer. See Synonyms at flash.
- To be bright or sparkling, as with merriment or delight: eyes that twinkled with joy.
- To blink or wink the eyes. See Synonyms at blink.
- To move about or to and fro rapidly and gracefully; flit.
- To emit (light) in slight, intermittent gleams.
- A slight, intermittent gleam of light; a sparkling flash; a glimmer.
- A sparkle of merriment or delight in the eye.
- A brief interval; a twinkling.
- A rapid to-and-fro movement.