To move or turn round rapidly; to whirl round; to move and turn rapidly with the fingers.
- To rotate or revolve briskly; swing in a circle; spin: twirled a baton to lead the band.
- To twist or wind around: twirl thread on a spindle.
- To move or spin around rapidly, suddenly, or repeatedly: The pinwheel twirled in the breeze.
- To whirl or turn suddenly; make an about-face: twirled in the direction of the noise.
- Baseball To pitch.
- The act of twirling or the condition of being twirled; a quick spinning or twisting.
- Something twirled; a twist: a twirl of cotton candy.