A combining form signifying impressed form; stamp; print; type; typical form; representative; as in stereotype phototype, ferrotype, monotype.
- A number of people or things having in common traits or characteristics that distinguish them as a group or class.
- The general character or structure held in common by a number of people or things considered as a group or class.
- A person or thing having the features of a group or class.
- An example or a model having the ideal features of a group or class; an embodiment: "He was the perfect type of a military dandy” ( Joyce Cary).
- A person regarded as exemplifying a particular profession, rank, or social group: a group of executive types; a restaurant frequented by tourist types.
- A figure, representation, or symbol of something to come, such as an event in the Old Testament that foreshadows another in the New Testament.
- A taxonomic group, especially a genus or species, chosen as the representative example in characterizing the larger taxonomic group to which it belongs.
- See holotype.
- Printing A small block of metal or wood bearing a raised letter or character on the upper end that leaves a printed impression when inked and pressed on paper.
- Printing Such pieces considered as a group.
- Printing Printed or typewritten characters; print.
- Printing A size or style of printed or typewritten characters; a typeface: a sans-serif type.
- A pattern, a design, or an image impressed or stamped onto the face of a coin.
- To write (something) with a typewriter; typewrite.
- To determine the antigenic characteristics of (a blood or tissue sample).
- To typecast.
- To represent or typify.
- To prefigure.
- To write with a typewriter; typewrite.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
തരംതിരിക്കുക - Tharamthirikkuka ;ടൈപ്പടിക്കുക - Daippadikkuka ;അച്ച് - Achu ;ചിഹ്നം - Chihnam ;തരം - Tharam ;ജാതി - Jaathi | Jathi ;