Not conscious; having no consciousness or power of mental perception; without cerebral appreciation; hence, not knowing or regarding; ignorant; as, an unconscious man.
- Lacking awareness and the capacity for sensory perception; not conscious.
- Temporarily lacking consciousness.
- Occurring in the absence of conscious awareness or thought: unconscious resentment; unconscious fears.
- Without conscious control; involuntary or unintended: an unconscious mannerism.
- The division of the mind in psychoanalytic theory containing elements of psychic makeup, such as memories or repressed desires, that are not subject to conscious perception or control but that often affect conscious thoughts and behavior.