Below or lower, in place or position, with the idea of being covered; lower than; beneath; -- opposed to over; as, he stood under a tree; the carriage is under cover; a cellar extends under the whole house.
- In a lower position or place than: a rug under a chair.
- To or into a lower position or place than: rolled the ball under the couch.
- Beneath the surface of: under the ground; swam under water.
- Beneath the assumed surface or guise of: traveled under a false name.
- Less than; smaller than: The jar's capacity is under three quarts.
- Less than the required amount or degree of: under voting age.
- Inferior to in status or rank: nine officers under me at headquarters.
- Subject to the authority, rule, or control of: under a dictatorship.
- Subject to the supervision, instruction, or influence of: under parental guidance.
- Undergoing or receiving the effects of: under constant care.
- Subject to the restraint or obligation of: under contract.
- Within the group or classification of: listed under biology.
- In the process of: under discussion.
- In view of; because of: under these conditions.
- With the authorization of: under the monarch's seal.
- Sowed or planted with: an acre under oats.
- Nautical Powered or propelled by: under sail; under steam.
- During the time conventionally assigned to (a sign of the zodiac): born under Aries.
- In or into a place below or beneath: struggled in the water but then slipped under.
- In or into a subordinate or inferior condition or position.
- So as to be covered or enveloped.
- So as to be less than the required amount or degree.
- Located or situated on a lower level or beneath something else: the under parts of a machine.
- Lower in rank, power, or authority; subordinate.
- Less than is required or customary: an under dose of medication.
- out from under Informal Having gotten free of worries or difficulties: Credit counseling helped us get out from under.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
ഉള്ളില് - Ullil ;പ്രവര്ത്തിതമായ - Pravarththithamaaya | Pravarthithamaya ;കയ്യൊപ്പിട്ട - Kayyoppitta ;അധീനത്തില് - Adheenaththil | Adheenathil ;കുറവായി - Kuravaayi | Kuravayi ;കീഴെ - Keezhe ;