Being on one side only; affecting but one side; one-sided.
- Of, on, relating to, involving, or affecting only one side: "a unilateral advantage in defense” ( New Republic).
- Performed or undertaken by only one side: unilateral disarmament.
- Obligating only one of two or more parties, nations, or persons, as a contract or an agreement.
- Emphasizing or recognizing only one side of a subject.
- Having only one side.
- Tracing the lineage of one parent only: a unilateral genealogy.
- Botany Having leaves, flowers, or other parts on one side only.