The act of using; mode of using or treating; treatment; conduct with respect to a person or a thing; as, good usage; ill usage; hard usage.
- The act, manner, or amount of using; use: the usage of a technical term; an instrument that measures water usage.
- The act or manner of treating; treatment: subjected the car to rough usage.
- A usual, habitual, or accepted practice. See Synonyms at habit.
- The way in which words or phrases are actually used, spoken, or written in a speech community.
- A particular expression in speech or writing: a nonce usage.