An officer or servant who has the care of the door of a court, hall, chamber, or the like; hence, an officer whose business it is to introduce strangers, or to walk before a person of rank. Also, one who escorts persons to seats in a church, theater, etc.
- One who is employed to escort people to their seats, as in a theater, church, or stadium.
- A man who attends a bridal party at a wedding.
- One who serves as official doorkeeper, as in a courtroom or legislative chamber.
- An official whose duty is to make introductions between unacquainted persons or to precede persons of rank in a procession.
- Archaic An assistant teacher in a school.
- To serve as an usher to; escort.
- To lead or conduct. See Synonyms at guide.
- To precede and introduce; inaugurate: a celebration to usher in the new century.
- To serve as an usher: ushered every Sunday at church.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
അകമ്പടിപോവുക - Akampadipovuka ;ഉപയോക്താവ് - Upayokthaavu | Upayokthavu ;വാതിൽ കാക്കുന്നവൻ - Vaathil Kaakkunnavan | Vathil Kakkunnavan ;സദസ്യരെ ഇരിപ്പിടം കാട്ടി ഇരുത്തുന്നവന് - Sadhasyare Irippidam Kaatti Iruththunnavan | Sadhasyare Irippidam Katti Iruthunnavan ;മുന്നോടി - Munnodi ;കീഴ്വേലക്കാരൻ - Keezhvelakkaaran | Keezhvelakkaran ;