The quality or state of being vacuous, or not filled; emptiness; vacancy; as, vacuity of mind; vacuity of countenance.
- Total absence of matter; emptiness.
- An empty space; a vacuum.
- Total lack of ideas; emptiness of mind.
- Absence of meaningful occupation; idleness: "the crew, being patient people, much given to slumber and vacuity” ( Washington Irving).
- The quality or fact of being devoid of something specified: a vacuity of taste; a vacuity of emotions.
- Something, especially a remark, that is pointless or inane: a conversation full of vacuities.