Expressed in words, whether spoken or written, but commonly in spoken words; hence, spoken; oral; not written; as, a verbal contract; verbal testimony.
- Of, relating to, or associated with words: a detailed verbal description.
- Concerned with words only rather than with content or ideas: a merely verbal distinction.
- Consisting of words alone without action: a verbal confrontation.
- Expressed in spoken rather than written words; oral: a verbal contract.
- Corresponding word for word; literal: a verbal translation.
- Grammar Relating to, having the nature or function of, or derived from a verb.
- Grammar Used to form verbs: a verbal suffix.
- Of or relating to proficiency in the use and understanding of words: a verbal aptitude test.
- Grammar A verbal noun or adjective.