The act of vibrating, or the state of being vibrated, or in vibratory motion; quick motion to and fro; oscillation, as of a pendulum or musical string.
- The act of vibrating.
- The condition of being vibrated.
- Physics A rapid linear motion of a particle or of an elastic solid about an equilibrium position.
- Physics A periodic process.
- A single complete vibrating motion; a quiver.
- Slang A distinctive emotional aura or atmosphere regarded as being instinctively sensed or experienced. Often used in the plural: "Miami gives off the same vibrations, the same portent of disaster, but with a difference” ( James Atlas).