Of or pertaining to a vicar, substitute, or deputy; deputed; delegated; as, vicarious power or authority.
- Felt or undergone as if one were taking part in the experience or feelings of another: read about mountain climbing and experienced vicarious thrills.
- Endured or done by one person substituting for another: vicarious punishment.
- Acting or serving in place of someone or something else; substituted.
- Committed or entrusted to another, as powers or authority; delegated.
- Physiology Occurring in or performed by a part of the body not normally associated with a certain function.