The produce of the vine for one season, in grapes or in wine; as, the vintage is abundant; the vintage of 1840.
- The yield of wine or grapes from a vineyard or district during one season.
- Wine, usually of high quality, identified as to year and vineyard or district of origin.
- The year or place in which a wine is bottled.
- The harvesting of a grape crop.
- The initial stages of winemaking.
- Informal A group or collection of people or things sharing certain characteristics.
- Informal A year or period of origin: a car of 1942 vintage.
- Informal Length of existence; age.
- Of or relating to a vintage.
- Characterized by excellence, maturity, and enduring appeal; classic.
- Old or outmoded.
- Of the best: played songs that were vintage Cole Porter.
- Of the most distinctive: "Fatalism has coexisted with vintage American overconfidence” ( Thomas Oliphant).