The act of visiting, or the state of being visited; access for inspection or examination.
- The act or an instance of visiting or an instance of being visited: rules governing visitation at a prison.
- An official visit for the purpose of inspection or examination, as of a bishop to a diocese.
- The right of a parent to visit a child as specified in a divorce or separation order.
- A visit of punishment or affliction or of comfort and blessing regarded as being ordained by God.
- A calamitous event or experience; a grave misfortune.
- The appearance or arrival of a supernatural being.
- Roman Catholic Church The visit of the Virgin Mary to her cousin Elizabeth.
- Roman Catholic Church May 31, observed in commemoration of this event.