Sound uttered by the mouth, especially that uttered by human beings in speech or song; sound thus uttered considered as possessing some special quality or character; as, the human voice; a pleasant voice; a low voice.
- The sound produced by the vocal organs of a vertebrate, especially a human.
- The ability to produce such sounds.
- A specified quality, condition, or pitch of vocal sound: a hoarse voice; the child's piping voice.
- Linguistics Expiration of air through vibrating vocal cords, used in the production of vowels and voiced consonants.
- A sound resembling or reminiscent of vocal utterance: the murmuring voice of the forest.
- Music Musical sound produced by vibration of the human vocal cords and resonated within the throat and head cavities.
- Music The quality or condition of a person's singing: a baritone in excellent voice.
- Music A singer: a choir of excellent voices.
- Music One of the individual vocal or instrumental parts or strands in a composition: a fugue for four voices; string voices carrying the melody. Also called voice part.
- Expression; utterance: gave voice to their feelings at the meeting.
- A medium or agency of expression: a newsletter that serves as a neighborhood voice.
- The right or opportunity to express a choice or opinion: a territory that has a voice, but not a vote, in Congress.
- Grammar A property of verbs or a set of verb inflections indicating the relation between the subject and the action expressed by the verb: "Birds build nests” uses the active voice; "nests built by birds” uses the passive voice. Also called diathesis.
- The distinctive style or manner of expression of an author or of a character in a book.
- To give voice to; utter: voice a grievance. See Synonyms at vent1.
- Linguistics To pronounce with vibration of the vocal cords.
- Music To provide (a composition) with voice parts.
- Music To regulate the tone of (the pipes of an organ, for example).
- To provide the voice for (a cartoon character or show, for example): The animated series was voiced by famous actors.
- at the top of (one's) voice As loudly as one's voice will allow.
- with one voice In complete agreement; unanimously.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
നിഹ്രാദം - Nihraadham | Nihradham ;ഒച്ച - Ocha ;സംസാരശക്തി - Samsaarashakthi | Samsarashakthi ;സ്വാനം - Svaanam | swanam ;ധ്വനി - Dhvani ;ധ്വാനം - Dhvaanam | Dhvanam ;