Passing through the air on wings, or by the buoyant force of the atmosphere; flying; having the power to fly.
- Chemistry Evaporating readily at normal temperatures and pressures.
- Chemistry That can be readily vaporized.
- Tending to vary often or widely, as in price: the ups and downs of volatile stocks.
- Inconstant; fickle: a flirt's volatile affections.
- Lighthearted; flighty: in a volatile mood.
- Ephemeral; fleeting.
- Tending to violence; explosive: a volatile situation with troops and rioters eager for a confrontation.
- Flying or capable of flying; volant.