Of or pertaining to the mass, or multitude, of people; common; general; ordinary; public; hence, in general use; vernacular.
- Crudely indecent.
- Deficient in taste, delicacy, or refinement.
- Marked by a lack of good breeding; boorish. See Synonyms at common.
- Offensively excessive in self-display or expenditure; ostentatious: the huge vulgar houses and cars of the newly rich.
- Spoken by or expressed in language spoken by the common people; vernacular: the technical and vulgar names for an animal species.
- Of or associated with the great masses of people; common.