To move one way and the other with quick turns; to shake to and fro; to move vibratingly; to cause to vibrate, as a part of the body; as, to wag the head.
- To move briskly and repeatedly from side to side, to and fro, or up and down.
- To move rapidly in talking. Used of the tongue.
- To walk with a clumsy sway; waddle.
- Archaic To be on one's way; depart.
- To move (a body part) rapidly from side to side or up and down, as in playfulness, agreement, admonition, or chatter.
- The act or motion of wagging: a farewell wag of the hand.
- A humorous or droll person; a wit.