To watch; to observe; to take notice.
- To remain or rest in expectation: waiting for the guests to arrive. See Synonyms at stay1.
- To tarry until another catches up.
- To remain or be in readiness: lunch waiting on the table.
- To remain temporarily neglected, unattended to, or postponed: The trip will have to wait.
- To work as a waiter or waitress.
- To remain or stay in expectation of; await: wait one's turn.
- Informal To delay (a meal or an event); postpone: They waited lunch for us.
- To be a waiter or waitress at: wait tables.
- The act of waiting or the time spent waiting.
- Chiefly British One of a group of musicians employed, usually by a city, to play in parades or public ceremonies.
- Chiefly British One of a group of musicians or carolers who perform in the streets at Christmastime.
- on To serve the needs of; be in attendance on.
- on To make a formal call on; visit.
- on To follow as a result; depend on.
- on To await: They're waiting on my decision.
- wait out To delay until the termination of: wait out a war; waited out the miniskirt craze.
- wait up To postpone going to bed in anticipation of something or someone.
- wait up Informal To stop or pause so that another can catch up: Let's wait up for the stragglers.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
കാത്തിരിക്കുക - Kaaththirikkuka | Kathirikkuka ;പ്രതീക്ഷിക്കുക - Pratheekshikkuka ;അമാന്തം - Amaantham | Amantham ;അവസരം കാത്തു നില്ക്കുക - Avasaram Kaaththu Nilkkuka | Avasaram Kathu Nilkkuka ;തങ്ങുക - Thanguka ;കാത്തിരിപ്പ് - Kaaththirippu | Kathirippu ;