A dance performed by two persons in circular figures with a whirling motion; also, a piece of music composed in triple measure for this kind of dance.
- A ballroom dance in triple time with a strong accent on the first beat.
- A piece of music for this dance.
- An instrumental or vocal composition in triple time.
- Informal Something that presents no difficulties and can be accomplished with little effort.
- To dance the waltz.
- Slang To move unhesitantly, briskly, and with aplomb: always waltzes into the office 30 minutes late.
- Informal To accomplish a task, chore, or assignment with little effort: waltzed through the exams.
- To dance the waltz with.
- Slang To lead or force to move briskly and purposefully; march: waltzed them into the principal's office.
- waltz Matilda Australian To travel about, especially on foot, carrying a swag.