To ramble here and there without any certain course or with no definite object in view; to range about; to stroll; to rove; as, to wander over the fields.
- To move about without a definite destination or purpose.
- To go by an indirect route or at no set pace; amble: wander toward town.
- To proceed in an irregular course; meander.
- To go astray: wander from the path of righteousness.
- To lose clarity or coherence of thought or expression.
- To wander across or through: wander the forests and fields.
- The act or an instance of wandering; a stroll.