A keeper; a guardian; a watchman.
- The chief administrative official of a prison.
- An official charged with the enforcement of certain laws and regulations: an air raid warden.
- Chiefly British The chief executive official in charge of a port or market.
- Chiefly British Any of various crown officers having administrative duties.
- Chiefly British One of the governing officials of certain colleges, schools, guilds, or hospitals; a trustee.
- The chief executive of a borough in certain states.
- A churchwarden.