The act of watching; forbearance of sleep; vigil; wakeful, vigilant, or constantly observant attention; close observation; guard; preservative or preventive vigilance; formerly, a watching or guarding by night.
- To look or observe attentively or carefully; be closely observant: watching for trail markers.
- To look and wait expectantly or in anticipation: watch for an opportunity.
- To act as a spectator; look on: stood by the road and watched.
- To stay awake at night while serving as a guard, sentinel, or watcher.
- To stay alert as a devotional or religious exercise; keep vigil.
- To look at steadily; observe carefully or continuously: watch a parade.
- To keep a watchful eye on; guard: watched the prisoner all day.
- To observe the course of mentally; keep up on or informed about: watch the price of gold.
- To tend (a flock, for example). See Synonyms at tend2.
- The act or process of keeping awake or mentally alert, especially for the purpose of guarding.
- The act of observing closely or the condition of being closely observed; surveillance.
- A period of close observation, often in order to discover something: a watch during the child's illness.
- A person or group of people serving, especially at night, to guard or protect.
- The post or period of duty of a guard, sentinel, or watcher.
- Any of the periods into which the night is divided; a part of the night.
- Nautical Any of the periods of time, usually four hours, into which the day aboard ship is divided and during which a part of the crew is assigned to duty.
- Nautical The members of a ship's crew on duty during a specific watch.
- Nautical A chronometer on a ship.
- A period of wakefulness, especially one observed as a religious vigil.
- A funeral wake.
- A small portable timepiece, especially one worn on the wrist or carried in the pocket.
- A flock of nightingales. See Synonyms at flock1.
- watch out To be careful or on the alert; take care.
- watch over To be in charge of; superintend.
- watch it To be careful: had to watch it when I stepped onto the ice.
- watch (one's) step To act or proceed with care and caution.
- watch (one's) step To behave as is demanded, required, or appropriate.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
കാവലാള്ക്കൂട്ടം - Kaavalaalkkoottam | Kavalalkkoottam ;കൈയില് കെട്ടുന്ന വാച്ച് - Kaiyil Kettunna Vaachu | Kaiyil Kettunna Vachu ;നോട്ടം - Nottam ;ഘടികാരം - Ghadikaaram | Ghadikaram ;സൂക്ഷിപ്പ് - Sookshippu ;നോക്കിക്കൊണ്ടിരിക്കുക - Nokkikkondirikkuka ;