The state of the air or atmosphere with respect to heat or cold, wetness or dryness, calm or storm, clearness or cloudiness, or any other meteorological phenomena; meteorological condition of the atmosphere; as, warm weather; cold weather; wet weather; dry weather, etc.
- The state of the atmosphere at a given time and place, with respect to variables such as temperature, moisture, wind velocity, and barometric pressure.
- Adverse or destructive atmospheric conditions, such as high winds or heavy rain: encountered weather five miles out to sea.
- The unpleasant or destructive effects of such atmospheric conditions: protected the house from the weather.
- Changes of fortune: had known him in many weathers.
- To expose to the action of the elements, as for drying, seasoning, or coloring.
- To discolor, disintegrate, wear, or otherwise affect adversely by exposure.
- To come through (something) safely; survive: weather a crisis.
- To slope (a roof, for example) so as to shed water.
- Nautical To pass to the windward of despite bad weather.
- To show the effects, such as discoloration, of exposure to the elements: The walls of the barn had weathered.
- To withstand the effects of weather: a house paint that weathers well.
- Nautical Of or relating to the windward side of a ship; windward.
- Relating to or used in weather forecasting: a weather plane.
- weather in To experience or cause to experience weather conditions that prevent movement: The squadron is weathered in because of dense fog. Such a storm will weather the fleet in.
- make heavy weather of To exaggerate the difficulty of something to be done.
- under the weather Somewhat indisposed; slightly ill.
- under the weather Intoxicated; drunk.
- under the weather Suffering from a hangover.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
എതിര്ക്കുക - Ethirkkuka ;കാലാവസ്ഥ - Kaalaavastha | Kalavastha ;മഴക്കോളും മറ്റുമുള്ള അവസ്ഥ - Mazhakkolum Mattumulla Avastha ;ഋതുവിശേഷം - Ruthuvishesham ;വെയിലും മഴയുമേല്ക്കാത്തവിധം ചാര്ത്തുക - Veyilum Mazhayumelkkaaththavidham Chaarththuka | Veyilum Mazhayumelkkathavidham Charthuka ;കാലഭേദം - Kaalabhedham | Kalabhedham ;