A garment; clothing; especially, an upper or outer garment.
- A plant considered undesirable, unattractive, or troublesome, especially one growing where it is not wanted, as in a garden.
- Rank growth of such plants.
- A water plant, especially seaweed.
- The leaves or stems of a plant as distinguished from the seeds: dill weed.
- Something useless, detrimental, or worthless, especially an animal unfit for breeding.
- Slang Tobacco.
- Slang A cigarette.
- Slang Marijuana.
- To clear of weeds.
- To remove (weeds). Often used with out: weed out dandelions.
- To eliminate as unsuitable or unwanted. Often used with out: weed out unqualified applicants.
- To remove weeds.
- A token of mourning, as a black band worn on a man's hat or sleeve.
- The black mourning clothes of a widow.
- An article of clothing; a garment. Often used in the plural.