As an interrogative pronoun, used in asking questions regarding either persons or things; as, what is this? what did you say? what poem is this? what child is lost?
- Which thing or which particular one of many: What are you having for dinner? What did she say?
- Which kind, character, or designation: What are these objects?
- One of how much value or significance: What are possessions to a dying man?
- That which; the thing that: Listen to what I tell you.
- Whatever thing that: come what may.
- Informal Something: I'll tell you what.
- Nonstandard Which, who, or that: It's the poor what gets the blame.
- Which one or ones of several or many: What college are you attending? You should know what musical that song is from.
- Whatever: They soon repaired what damage had been done.
- How great; how astonishing: What a fool!
- How much; in what respect; how: What does it matter?
- That: I don't know but what I'll go.
- Used to express surprise, incredulity, or other strong and sudden excitement.
- Chiefly British Used as a tag question, often to solicit agreement.
- what for Informal A scolding or strong reprimand: The teacher gave the tardy student what for.
- what have you What remains and need not be mentioned: a room full of chairs, lamps, radios, and what have you.
- what if What would occur if; suppose that.
- what if What does it matter if.
- what it takes The necessary expertise or qualities needed for success: She has what it takes to be a doctor.
- what's what Informal The fundamentals and details of a situation or process; the true state or condition.
- what with Taking into consideration; because of: "I've often wondered why some good crime writer . . . hasn't taken up with New Orleans, what with its special raffishness, its peculiar flavor of bonhomie and a slightly suspect charm” ( Walker Percy).
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
എന്ത് - Enthu ;എന്തിയേ - Enthiye ;കിം - Kim ;എന്തുട്ടു - Enthuttu ;എന്ത് - എന്ത് ;എന്ത് - Enthu ;