To make a kind of musical sound, or series of sounds, by forcing the breath through a small orifice formed by contracting the lips; also, to emit a similar sound, or series of notes, from the mouth or beak, as birds.
- To produce a clear musical sound by forcing air through the teeth or through an aperture formed by pursing the lips.
- To produce a clear, shrill, sharp musical sound by blowing on or through a device.
- To produce a high-pitched sound when moving swiftly through the air: The stone whistled past my head.
- To produce a high-pitched sound by the rapid movement of air through an opening or past an obstruction: Wind whistled through the cracks in the windows.
- To emit a shrill, sharp, high-pitched cry, as some birds and other animals.
- To produce by whistling: whistle a tune.
- To summon, signal, or direct by whistling.
- To cause to move with a whistling noise.
- A small wind instrument for making whistling sounds by means of the breath.
- A device for making whistling sounds by means of forced air or steam: a factory whistle.
- A sound produced by a whistling device or by whistling through the lips.
- A whistling sound, as of an animal or a projectile.
- The act of whistling.
- A whistling sound used to summon or command.
- blow the whistle Slang To expose a wrongdoing in the hope of bringing it to a halt: an attorney who blew the whistle on governmental corruption.
- whistle in the dark To attempt to keep one's courage up.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
വിസിലടിക്കുക - Visiladikkuka ;ചൂളം കുത്തുക - Choolam Kuththuka | Choolam Kuthuka ;ചെറുപീപ്പി - Cherupeeppi ;വിളിക്കുക - Vilikkuka ;വിസില് - Visil ;ചൂളമിടുക - Choolamiduka ;