To make a humming or hissing sound, like an arrow or ball flying through the air; to fly or move swiftly with a sharp hissing or whistling sound.
- To make a whirring or hissing sound, as of an object speeding through air.
- To move swiftly with or as if with such a sound; rush: whizzed past on a ten-speed bike; as the days whizzed by.
- To throw or spin rapidly: The pitcher whizzed the ball to first.
- A whirring or hissing sound, as of an object speeding through air.
- A rapid passage or journey.
- Informal One who has remarkable skill: a whiz at all sorts of games.
- take a whiz Vulgar Slang To urinate.