A circle of two or more leaves, flowers, or other organs, about the same part or joint of a stem.
- A form that coils or spirals; a curl or swirl: spread the icing in peaks and whorls.
- Botany An arrangement of three or more leaves, petals, or other organs radiating from a single node.
- Zoology A single turn or volution of a spiral shell.
- One of the circular ridges or convolutions of a fingerprint.
- Architecture An ornamental device, as in stonework or weaving, consisting of stylized vine leaves and tendrils.
- A small flywheel that regulates the speed of a spinning wheel.